Who can qualify for God’s blessings? Have you ever wondered if you qualify to be blessed?
The Bible tells us who God will bless:
“Blessed is the one
whose transgressions are forgiven,
whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the one
whose sin the Lord does not count against them
and in whose spirit is no deceit.”
Psalm 32:1-2 NIV
Do you feel disqualified?
Have you sinned?
Well, not a single person is perfect – no, not one!
But there’s GOOD NEWS.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ… God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them… For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.”
2 Corinthians 5:17-19,21 NIV
The word ‘reconcile’ means God has restored friendly and peaceful relations with you!
Let’s break these verses down into 5 simple truths.
- God made Jesus to become the SIN OF HUMANKIND (and punished him for it)
- God has reconciled you to him with a friendly offer of peace
- God does not count any of your sins against you
- You are a NEW CREATION when you are born again (accepting Jesus’ death for you)
- So now you can be BLESSED, because your sins are forgiven!
Dear friend, let your spirit dwell in this truth:
In Jesus, you are the righteousness of God, and you shall be blessed!
Don’t lose the blessings that belong to you, and don’t let anyone steal them from you!